Aikido classes at Center Point are always challenging and rewarding.
We do a lot of weapons and hand-to-hand technique every class, and it’s all self-defense orientated. Students work at their own level and pace, but are encouraged to get out of their comfort zone and push their boundaries a bit. Beginners are most welcome, as well as experienced students.
We offer two weeks free for prospective members. After that, it’s a monthly fee, no contract, come and go as you please.
Classes are held Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7:15 PM to 8:15 PM at Shore Kickboxing, 2970 Yorktowne Blvd, Brick Township, NJ.
Aikido classes are led by Sensei Craig Johnson.
Center Point Aikido is a member dojo of the United States Aikido Federation.
Click here for the US Aikido Federation Student guide :
Rules and Etiquette:
- Always have a clean gi (uniform)
- Please keep all nails trimmed and clean
- No jewelry should be worn while training
- Have clean breath
- Place all shoes, clothes and bags in the proper location
- Help to keep the dojo clean where possible
- If needed, wear a headband to help with sweat on the mat
- Keep a towel close by if you need to dry off periodically
- Try to be at class early to be prepared to start on time
- Treat everyone with respect and kindness
- Take good ukemi and don’t overly resist, let your partner practice the technique
- If your partner doesn’t understand the technique being practiced, guide them with your ukemi. Don’t assume to be the instructor or lecture them on the technique
- If you need to leave the mat during class, please inform the instructor
- Practice at home